Saturday evening marked the final regular-season games ever played in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.
Now, the final race to the Mason Cup begins, with three Michigan schools having first-round match-ups next weekend. The Michigan Wolverines will welcome the Northern Michigan Wildcats to Yost, the Lake Superior State Lakers will welcome the Bowling Green Falcons to Taffy Abel, and the Michigan State Spartans will take another flight to Alaska, something they did just one week ago.
Meanwhile, the Western Michigan Broncos and the Ferris State Bulldogs get one week of rest, as WMU finished No. 3 in the conference and FSU finished No. 5, giving both of the Michigan-based schools byes to the second round.
Here is how the beginning of the CCHA playoffs will look:
- No. 11 Michigan State at No. 6 Alaska
- No. 10 Northern Michigan at No. 7 Michigan
- No. 9 Bowling Green at No. 8 Lake Superior
- No. 5 Ferris State at No. 4 Ohio State
- (Lowest seed first-round winner) at No. 1 Miami
- (Second lowest seed first-round winner) at No. 2 Notre Dame
- (Third lowest seed first-round winner) at No. 3 Western Michigan
Final CCHA regular-season standings
- Miami (17-7-4-4)
- Notre Dame (17-8-3-2)
- Western Michigan (15-7-6-3)
- Ohio State (13-10-5-1)
- Ferris State (13-12-3-1)
- Alaska (12-13-3-1)
- Michigan (10-15-3-3)
- Lake Superior (11-16-1-1)
- Bowling Green (10-15-3-1)
- Northern Michigan (9-15-4-1)
- Michigan State (9-18-1-0)