The Muskegon Lumberjacks announced today that 11 members of their roster have officially signed collegiate letters of intent for NCAA schools beginning in the 2013-14 season.
Both Michigan and Michigan State will have a Lumberjack on their roster next season, as Max Shuart (Northville) and Joe Cox (Chelsea) committed to the Wolverines and Spartans, respectively.
For Shuart, joining the Wolverines was an easy decision.
“Picking Michigan was a no-brainer for me because I grew up a Wolverines fan and it’s close to home,” said Shuart, the Northville, Michigan native. “The great academics and strong winning tradition are the reasons why I chose to play my hockey in Ann Arbor.”
Just like his teammate, Cox grew up a fan of his future team in East Lansing.
“I have been a Spartans fan my whole life, and I was excited to see Michigan State offer me a scholarship to play hockey there,” said Cox. “The academics and rising hockey program are the reasons why I chose to wear the green and white for the next four years.”
Other signings include:
- Tyler Heinonen (Delano, Minn.) and Chris Leibinger (Saginaw) have signed with Michigan Tech.
- Chad McDonald (Battle Creek) has signed with Ferris State.
- Carter Foguth (Fenton) has signed with Minnesota State.
- Mike Brodzinski (Blaine, Minn.) has signed with Minnesota.
- Adam Gilmour (Hanover, Mass.) has signed with Boston College.
- William Messa (Parkland, Fla.) has signed with Northeastern.
- Ben Foster (Darien, Conn.) has signed with Princeton.
- Ben Storm (Calumet) has signed with St. Cloud State.