“LOCAL HOCKEY HEROES” INITIATIVE RETURNS
AS PART OF HOCKEY WEEKEND ACROSS AMERICA CELEBRATION
Nominate someone that goes above and beyond to help make the game fun
FARMINGTON HILLS – The Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) is proud to announce the return of “Local Hockey Heroes”, as part of USA Hockey’s Hockey Weekend Across America celebration on February 17-19, 2012 and Hockey Day in Michigan on February 18, 2012.
Developing and promoting hockey in the community is a group effort, but often there are “all-stars” who go above and beyond the call of duty. The CCHA would like to recognize these “Local Hockey Heroes” who far exceed expectations with their contributions to the game.
A “Local Hockey Hero” might fulfill one of the many important roles within a hockey community. He or she might be a longtime youth coach, a dedicated official, a hard-working ice rink employee, a committed sponsor, or a devoted member of a hockey association board. A “hockey hero” does not necessarily have to do one of those jobs, but he or she must be dedicated to the game and to helping those who play it.
“We would like to recognize the hard-working, dedicated hockey people that help make the game fun, but we need your help,” said the CCHA’s Tim Weatherhead. “If you know a ‘Local Hockey Hero’, please let us know by nominating them by February 10th.”
To nominate a “Local Hockey Hero”, send an e-mail to Tim Weatherhead at: firstname.lastname@example.org and visit Hockey Day In Michigan on Facebook for more information and updates surrounding this initiative.
The e-mail should contain the following:
- Name of the nominator
- E-mail address and phone number of the nominator
- Name of the nominee
- The name of the local hockey organization
- The CCHA team in closest proximity to you
- A maximum 200-word description on why your nominee is a “Local Hockey Hero”
Deadline for nominations is February 10.
Local Hockey Hero Prize packages are still being finalized, but past packages have included:
- Tickets to a CCHA game on Hockey Day in Michigan, February 18, 2012
- Recognition at a CCHA game and part of a feature in Michigan Hockey magazine
- Autographed memorabilia (hockey sticks, jerseys or posters)
- Official team merchandise (sweatshirts, hats, t-shirts)
- Tickets to a year-end team banquet
For more information on USA Hockey’s Hockey Weekend Across America go to usahockey.com.